update homepage amending out of date information
diff --git a/index.html b/index.html
index 6c7cf14..0b6a358 100644
@@ -110,15 +110,14 @@
We are currently developing and supporting
- <a href="http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/" target="_blank">Apache Rivet</a>
- Rivet was meant to be a replacement for mod_dtcl and neowebscript from
- which the best features were taken. Apache Rivet provides a content
+ <a href="http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/" target="_blank">Apache Rivet</a>.
+ Rivet was meant to be a replacement of mod_dtcl and neowebscript. The best
+ feature of these past projects were taken to design it.
+ Apache Rivet provides a content
generator module (mod_rivet) which runs Tcl scripts and Rivet
- templates. Rivet templates work like PHP pages where code can
- be embedded within the HTML but using Tcl instead.
+ templates. Rivet templates are pages written in a way similar to PHP pages,
+ where Tcl code can be embedded within the HTML.
Apache Rivet extends the Tcl language with new commands aimed at
@@ -127,15 +126,13 @@
- Rivet runs with Apache 2.2 and 2.4. Currently the
- <a href="http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/prefork.html">prefork</a>
- MPM is required to
- run Rivet 2.2.3 (currently official release). The development version supports
- also the <a href="http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/worker.html">worker</a>
+ Current version <a href="http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/tcl/rivet">3.1</a>
+ of Rivet runs on Apache 2.4 and builds on both Windows and
+ any reasonably recent version of Unix-like operative systems.
+ Previous version 2.3 is still supported but builds
+ only on Unix and it requires Apache to run the
+ <a href="http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/prefork.html">prefork</a> MPM.