diff --git a/CONTRIBUTING.md b/CONTRIBUTING.md
deleted file mode 100644
@@ -1,91 +0,0 @@
- Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one or more
- contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file distributed with
- this work for additional information regarding copyright ownership.
- The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
- (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
- the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
- Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
- distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
- WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
- See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
- limitations under the License.
-Contributing to Apache Maven Help Plugin
-You have found a bug or you have an idea for a cool new feature? Contributing
-code is a great way to give something back to the open source community. Before
-you dig right into the code, there are a few guidelines that we need
-contributors to follow so that we can have a chance of keeping on top of
-Some of the ideas are documented in the [Maven Wiki][maven-wiki]
-which might be interesting to read and for further discussion.
-+ Make sure you have a [JIRA account](https://issues.apache.org/jira/).
-+ Make sure you have a [GitHub account](https://github.com/signup/free).
-+ If you're planning to implement a new feature, it makes sense to discuss your changes
- on the [dev list](https://maven.apache.org/mail-lists.html) first.
- This way you can make sure you're not wasting your time on something that isn't
- considered to be in Apache Maven's scope.
-+ Submit a ticket for your issue, assuming one does not already exist.
- + Clearly describe the issue, including steps to reproduce when it is a bug.
- + Make sure you fill in the earliest version that you know has the issue.
-+ Fork the repository on GitHub.
-Making and Submitting Changes
-We accept Pull Requests via GitHub. The [developer mailing list][dev-ml-list] is the
-main channel of communication for contributors.
-There are some guidelines which will make applying PRs easier for us:
-+ Create a topic branch from where you want to base your work (this is usually the master branch).
- Push your changes to a topic branch in your fork of the repository.
-+ Make commits of logical units.
-+ Respect the original code style: by using the same [codestyle][code-style],
- patches should only highlight the actual difference, not being disturbed by any formatting issues:
- + Only use spaces for indentation.
- + Create minimal diffs - disable on save actions like reformat source code or organize imports.
- If you feel the source code should be reformatted, create a separate PR for this change.
- + Check for unnecessary whitespace with `git diff --check` before committing.
-+ Make sure your commit messages are in the proper format. Your commit message should contain the key of the JIRA issue.
-[MDEPLOY-XXX] - Subject of the JIRA Ticket
- Optional supplemental description.
-+ Make sure you have added the necessary tests (JUnit/IT) for your changes.
-+ Run all the tests with `mvn -Prun-its verify` to assure nothing else was accidentally broken.
-+ Submit a pull request to the repository in the Apache organization.
-+ Update your JIRA ticket and include a link to the pull request in the ticket.
-If you plan to contribute on a regular basis, please consider filing a [contributor license agreement][cla].
-Making Trivial Changes
-For changes of a trivial nature to comments and documentation, it is not always
-necessary to create a new ticket in JIRA. In this case, it is appropriate to
-start the first line of a commit with '(doc)' instead of a ticket number.
-+ [Contributing patches](https://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-maven-development.html#Creating_and_submitting_a_patch)
-+ [Apache Maven Help JIRA project page](https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MDEPLOY/)
-+ [Contributor License Agreement][cla]
-+ [General GitHub documentation](https://help.github.com/)
-+ [GitHub pull request documentation](https://help.github.com/send-pull-requests/)
-+ [Apache Maven Twitter Account](https://twitter.com/ASFMavenProject)
-+ #Maven IRC channel on freenode.org
diff --git a/README.md b/README.md
index d571205..25586ec 100644
@@ -19,9 +19,9 @@
[![Apache License, Version 2.0, January 2004](https://img.shields.io/github/license/apache/maven.svg?label=License)][license]
You have found a bug or you have an idea for a cool new feature? Contributing