Use Apache APISIX for Kubernetes Ingress.
All configurations in
apisix-ingress-controller are defined with Kubernetes CRDs (Custom Resource Definitions). Such as configure plugins, Support service registration discovery mechanism for upstreams, load balancing and more in Apache APISIX.
apisix-ingress-controller is an Apache APISIX control plane component. Currently it serves for Kubernetes clusters. In the future, we plan to separate the submodule to adapt to more deployment modes, such as virtual machine clusters.
The technical architecture of
This project is currently considered experimental.
- Declarative configuration for Apache APISIX with Custom Resource Definitions(CRDs), using k8s yaml struct with minimum learning curve.
- Hot-reload during yaml apply.
- Native Kubernetes Ingress (both
- Auto register k8s endpoint to upstream (Apache APISIX) node.
- Out of box support for node health check.
- Support load balancing based on pod (upstream nodes).
- Plug-in extension supports hot configuration and immediate effect.
- Ingress controller itself as a pluggable hot-reload component.
- Multi-cluster configuration distribution.
Apisix ingress controller requires Kubernetes version 1.14+.
- Support UDP definition. #116
- Support TCP definition. #115
- Support GRPC definition. #114
- Add a complete demo. #9
- More todos will display in issues
We welcome all kinds of contributions from the open-source community, individuals and partners.
- Ingress APISIX: the whole service that contains the proxy (Apache APISIX) and ingress controller (apisix ingress controller).
- apisix-ingress-controller: the ingress controller component.
Apache License 2.0