Apache Foundation Website (www.apache.org)
This repository provides the source for the main website of The Apache Software Foundation.
- md pages in GitHub Flavored Markdown which can include HTML.
- ezmd pages in a combination of ezt and GitHub Flavored Markdown.
- html files are treated as static files.
- static assets of all types.
- .htaccess files for redirection and rewrite rules.
- Web Site Committers
- Markdown focuses on what users need to know about GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM) in order to maintain content.
- Feature branches focuses on handling major changes.
- Local builds focuses on how to develop on a local linux or macOS system.
- Web Site Designers
- Theme focuses on what designers need to know about the website theme.
- Web Site Developers
- Data modeling focuses on what developers need to know in order to maintain and expand on the metadata made available to the site.
- Process describes the full end to end build from the developers perspecitve.
- Plugins describes the plugins that are included in the repository.
The website is built with Pelican. Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) is via the .asf.yaml file mechanism which runs Buildbot.
The svn history was not migrated and remains available.
Foundation Records including Board Minutes remain in svn except for the index page.