SkyWalking is an open source APM system, including monitoring, tracing, diagnosing capabilities for distributed system in Cloud Native architecture. The core features are following.
- Service, service instance, endpoint(URI) metrics analysis
- Root cause analysis. Profile the code on the runtime powered by in-process agent and ebpf profiler.
- Service topology map analysis
- Service instance and endpoint(URI) dependency analysis
- Slow services and endpoints detecting
- Performance optimization
- Distributed tracing and context propagation
- Database access metrics. Detect slow database access statements(including SQL statements)
- Message Queue performance and consuming latency monitoring
- Browser performance monitoring
- Infrastructure(VM, network, disk etc.) monitoring
- Collaboration across metrics, traces, and logs
SkyWalking supports to collect telemetry (metrics, traces, and logs) data from multiple sources and multiple formats, including
- Java, .NET Core, NodeJS, PHP, and Python auto-instrument agents.
- Go, C++, and Rust SDKs.
- Agent profiling for Java and Python.
- ebpf profiling for C, C++, Golang, and Rust.
- LUA agent especially for Nginx, OpenResty and Apache APISIX.
- Browser agent.
- Service Mesh Observability. Control plane and data plane.
- Metrics system, including Prometheus, OpenTelemetry, Micrometer(Spring Sleuth), Zabbix.
- Zipkin v1/v2 trace.(No Analysis)
SkyWalking OAP is using the STAM(Streaming Topology Analysis Method) to analysis topology in the tracing based agent scenario for better performance. Read the paper of STAM for more details.
NOTICE, SkyWalking 8.0+ uses v3 protocols. They are incompatible with previous releases.
Please head to the releases page to download a release of Apache SkyWalking.
Follow this document.
Code of conduct
This project adheres to the Contributor Covenant code of conduct. By participating, you are expected to uphold this code. Please follow the REPORTING GUIDELINES to report unacceptable behavior.
- Mail list: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail to
email@example.com, follow the reply to subscribe the mail list.
Request to join SkyWalking slack mail to the mail list(
firstname.lastname@example.org), we will invite you in.
- Twitter, ASFSkyWalking
- QQ Group: 901167865(Recommended), 392443393
- bilibili B站 视频
Hundreds of companies and organizations use SkyWalking for research, production, and commercial product. Visit our website to find the user page.
Apache 2.0 License.