A bridge project between Apache SkyWalking and Kubernetes.
SWCK is a platform for the SkyWalking user, provisions, upgrades, maintains SkyWalking relevant components, and makes them work natively on Kubernetes.
- Java Agent Injector: Inject the java agent into the application pod natively.
- Operator: Provision and maintain SkyWalking backend components.
- Custom Metrics Adapter: Provides custom metrics come from SkyWalking OAP cluster for autoscaling by Kubernetes HPA
Java Agent Injector
The java agent injector share the same binary with the operator. Follow the installation procedure of the operator to onboard the injector.
The injector can:
- Inject the java agent into the application pod.
- Leverage a global configuration to simplify the agent and injector setup.
- Use the annotation to customize specific workloads.
- Sync injecting status to
JavaAgent CR for monitoring purpose.
For more details, please read Java agent injector
- To install the operator in an existing cluster, make sure you have
- Apply the manifests for the Controller and CRDs in release/config:
kubectl apply -f release/operator/config
For more details, please refer to deploy operator
Custom Metrics Adapter
- Deploy OAP server by referring to Operator Quick Start.
- Apply the manifests for an adapter in release/adapter/config:
kubectl apply -f release/adapter/config
For more details, please read Custom metrics adapter
For developers who want to contribute to this project, see Contribution Guide
Apache 2.0 License.