version: ‘0.12’ order: 12 layout: page menu_title: 0.12 title: Apache Samza 0.12 [Docs]
We are excited to announce that the Apache Samza 0.12.0 has been released. It is a major release with several features; notably batch processing and enhancements to improve stability, performance and ease of use.
####Enhancements and Bug Fixes Overall, 30 JIRAs were resolve in this release. Here are few highlights
- SAMZA-967 Add HDFS system consumer
- SAMZA-1042 Allow offset notifications for input systems
- SAMZA-1013 Support YARN node labels
- SAMZA-1079 Add timeout for blocking reads when localizing containers
- SAMZA-1077 Handle all exceptions and errors in container
- SAMZA-1069 Deadlock between kafka system producer and kafka producer from kafka-clients lib
- SAMZA-1065 Handle commit order correctly to guarantee at least once processing when using local store for dedup
- Upgraded Kafka version to 0.10. This enables us to take advantage of the critical fixes and improvements in Kafka.
- Upgraded to Jetty 9 from Jetty 8.
- Full support for Scala 2.11. All Samza jars will now have the scala version as 2.11 as a part of their file name. For example, samza-yarn_2.11-0.12.jar.
- Samza is now source compatible with JDK 8 and above. Older JDKs are no longer supported.
####Sources and Artifacts Samza-sources-0.12.0.tgz
For more details about this release, please check out the release blog post.