Apache Royale Compiler 0.9.7
- Definitions containing [JSModule] with a custom module name are no longer required to use strict camelCase naming scheme.
- Added Flex emulation RPC WebService partial support
- Fix add event handler code in renderers and inline Components
- (SWF/JS) Added support for [RoyaleArrayLike] metadata-driven support for proxying compile-time numeric-typed array index access to get/set method calls and also specific for-in/for-each-in loop support.
- (JS) Compiler updates to support more e4X variations/scenarios, including ‘use namespace’ and ‘default xml namespace’ directives
- (JS) Compiler updates to address custom namespace-related output, and reflection support
- (JS) Compiler updates to output more compact Reflection data
- Fixed a compiler memory leak that was occurring over multiple compilations
- Fixes in bindable code generation for accessors, and in bindable function generation for swf
- Fixed show-binding-warnings=false option to switch off binding warnings
- Maven: Many fixes, improvements and Updates
- Support for Maven distribution (Create SDK with Maven)
- (JS) Prevent renaming of public variables in release builds so that they may be set from MXML.
- (JS) Fix conflict between methods of the same name in superclass and subclass, where the superclass method is private and the subclass method is public.
- (JS) Added jsx-factory compiler option to customize the factory method used in code generated from [JSX].
- (JS) Added inline-constants compiler option that optionally replaces references to contants with their value when the value is a primitive (like numeric, boolean, or string).
- (SWF/JS) Added warn-this-within-closure compiler option that controls whether the compiler emits warnings when referencing “this” in closures or anonymous functions.
- (SWF/JS) Added strict-identifier-names compiler option to make the compiler emit errors when using certain keywords as identifiers, to match the old behavior of the Flex SDK compiler.
- (SWF/JS) Fix metadata attributes being ignored if they did not have a value. Example: async was ignored in [Test(async)].
- (SWF/JS) Fix path resolving error when specifying a source file with ./ or .\ on the command line.
- (SWF/JS) Fix [ArrayElementType] being ignored when setting the [DefaultProperty] in MXML.
- (SWF) Fix mxmlc and compc scripts in the bin folder that didn't work from the command line.
- (SWF/JS) Fix incorrect resolving of a property with a different namespace than the parent element in MXML. Properties must have the same namespace as the component, just like in Flex.
- (SWF/JS) Fix missing error for values that cannot be parsed as text in MXML.
- (JS) Fix stripped end quotes from strings in data binding expressions in MXML.
- (Maven) Added missing MXML manifest for core language types like Object, Array, Number, String, Boolean, etc.
- (JS) Fixed null reference error on source map generation with certain folder hierarchies.
- (JS) Fixed lost UTF-8 encoding when using remove-circulars.
- (SWF/JS) Fix missing error when setting private/inaccessible property in MXML.
- (JS) Fix “missing var keyword” warning from Closure compiler for type definitions.
- (SWF/JS) Fix missing error for calling a getter as a function (similar to attempting to call a variable as a function) when it is the wrong type.
- (JS) Fix missing . in generated JS when using static getter/setter in a custom namespace.
For additional information on recent issues that have been closed, see Github Issues List
Apache Royale Compiler 0.9.6
- Added -allow-abstract-classes compiler option to enable abstract keyword for classes and methods.
- Added -allow-private-constructors compiler option to enable classes with private constructors.
- Added -allow-import-aliases compiler option to enable import renaming syntax.
- Added -verbose compiler option to reduce console output by default.
- Added RoyaleUnit tasks for Apache Ant.
- Fix incorrect compiler error when unicodeRange value is specified for Embed metadata.
- Fix missing compiler error when adding type parameters to classes other the Vector.
- Fix missing compiler error for intantiation of a variable with new that is not typed as Class or Function.
- Fix missing compiler warning for missing types on function parameter.
- Fix internal cache that broke IDEs that use compiler to provide code intelligence.
- Fix automatic type coercion in generated JS so that it better matches SWF behavior.
Apache Royale Compiler 0.9.4
- @royaledebug comment on method will make the method go away in a js release build.
Apache Royale Compiler 0.9.3
Apache Royale Compiler 0.9.2
Apache Royale Compiler 0.9.1
#21: Different results for failed compilation between JS and SWF compilation
Updates to the RELEASE_NOTES discovered after this file was packaged into the release artifacts can be found here:
Apache Royale Compiler 0.9.0
Apache Royale Compiler 0.9.0 is the first release of a next-generation compiler for building Apache Royale applications.
The compiler was previously released by the Apache Flex project. You can see RELEASE_NOTES for earlier releases in the Apache Flex releases.
Adobe Flash Builder Integration
The Apache Royale Compiler can be used in Adobe Flash Builder 4.7, but does not support incremental compilation or clean non-SWF output.
Unit Test results in compiler.tests
The jar.tests report “Java Result: 1” which is expected as all these tests do is verify that the jar is executable and has a “main” entry point which in this case reports the compiler usage help and returns 1.
The Java compiler will report warnings for several files in this release.
Please report new issues to our bugbase at:
The Apache Royale Project