Proton is a library for speaking AMQP, including:
- The AMQP Messenger API, a simple but powerful interface to send and receive messages over AMQP.
- The AMQP Protocol Engine, a succinct encapsulation of the full AMQP protocol machinery.
Proton is designed for maximum embeddability:
- minimal dependencies
- minimal assumptions about application threading model
Proton is designed to scale up and down:
- transparently supports both simple peer to peer messaging and complex globally federated topologies
Proton is multi-lingual:
- Proton-C - a C implementation with lanuage bindings in Python, Php, Perl, Ruby, and Java (via JNI).
- Proton-J - a pure Java implementation
Please see http://qpid.apache.org/proton for a more info.