How to release
- Do a fresh
git clone of the repository using the ASF git as origin.
- Set the git author to your gpg signing key.
- Create an RC using
./dev/release/release-candidate -r <rcNum> -v <version> starting with
rcNum=0. You could first do a dry-run by adding
-p at the end.
- Check that the uploaded RC is valid using
./dev/release/verify-release-candidate <version> <rcNum>.
- Send the generated mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait for the vote to end, either proceed to the next step or abort the RC and continue with the necessary fixes.
- In the release SVN, copy the contents of the RC folder into the release folder.
- Delete the previous
parquet-cpp release from SVN.
- Cherry-pick the commits in the
master-after-X branch into master.
- Send out the release mail to