04 June 2018 - Apache NimBLE v1.0.0
For full release notes, please visit the Apache Mynewt Wiki.
Apache NimBLE is an open-source Bluetooth 5.0 stack (both Host & Controller) that completely replaces the proprietary SoftDevice on Nordic chipsets.
New features in this version of NimBLE include:
- Initial version after moving to separate repo - https://github.com/apache/mynewt-nimble
- removal of deprecated bletiny application (superseded by btshell)
- Added NimBLE Porting Layer (NPL) which abstracts OS specific details to improve portability
- Initial ports for FreeRTOS and RIOT OS
- Support for advertising up to 1650 bytes of data with Extended Advertising
- Support for host flow control
- Support for Direct Test Mode (DTM) via HCI interface
- Support for Device Information Service
- Bugfixes for issues found on UPF59 and during BT certification testing
- Lots of other bugfixes, minor enhancements and optimisations
- Mesh improvements
If working on next-generation RTOS and Bluetooth protocotol stack sounds exciting to you, get in touch, by sending a mail to the Apache Mynewt Developer's list, email@example.com.