layout: post title: 2014 Mesos Community Survey Results permalink: /blog/mesos-community-survey-2014-results/ published: true post_author: display_name: Dave Lester twitter: davelester tags: Community, Survey
Below are results of a community survey I led in May to get the pulse of the Apache Mesos community and improve our understanding of how others are using the software. We received a total of 55 responses.
While I think the responses below speak for themselves, I wanted to highlight a few things:
- A majority of responses came from adopters who have been using Mesos for more than 2 months.
- Mesos had a Net Promoter Score of 41.5.
- Documentation was the #1 community request for improving Mesos, followed by integrated Docker support. Unedited responses have been published as a GitHub gist.
- 36% of adopters are running Mesos in a cluster of 6-20 machines.
- Almost half of Mesos adopters are running in private data centers. A majority of adopters running in the public cloud use AWS.
- Hadoop, Marathon, and Chronos were the most-popular frameworks that are running in production.
This is the first time we've run a community survey like this; feedback is welcome on how we may improve it when we run it again.
How long have you been using Mesos?
How many machines are you running in your Mesos cluster?
Frameworks: Are you using Aurora on Mesos?
Frameworks: Are you using Cassandra on Mesos?
Frameworks: Are you using Chronos on Mesos?
Frameworks: Are you using Hadoop on Mesos?
Frameworks: Are you using Jenkins on Mesos?
Frameworks: Are you using JobServer on Mesos?
Frameworks: Are you using Marathon on Mesos?
Frameworks: Are you using Spark on Mesos?
Frameworks: Are you using Storm on Mesos?
Frameworks: Are you using a custom framework on Mesos?
Where do you run Mesos?
How likely are you to recommend Mesos to your friends and colleagues?
Are you interested in contributing to Mesos in any of the following ways?
Is your company listed on our #PoweredByMesos page? If not, can we list you?
(34 responses for “No, but please refrain from adding us at this time”, 8 responses for “No, please add us”, and 15 responses for “Yes, we're on the list!”)
Number of daily responses
What features do you think are missing from Mesos?
The unedited responses to this question have been published as a GitHub gist.