All notable changes to this project will be documented in this file.
The format is based on Keep a Changelog.
- All releases prior to this release did not track all notable changes to the project in this changelog file. With the upcoming release all notable changes will be added to this file.
- This project does now have a ci pipeline that builds log4net for all supported target frameworks and runs the tests against those target frameworks. The ci pipeline also picks up new branches and pull requests in an automated way.
- A security report page was added that provides a central place for security vulnerabilities.
- Validation of logger names was added to harden the code that evaluates logger names. Tracked by LOG4NET-580.
- Added a safety net of null checks to avoid
NullReferenceExceptions in the
TypeNamePatternConverter. Tracked by LOG4NET-559.
XmlConfigurator does not longer allow dtd processing. This is a breaking change for applications that rely on dtd's to be processed when log4net loads the xml configuration file. Tracked by LOG4NET-575.
- The indentations are now all tabs in all project files. They used to be a mix of tabs, 4-spaces or 2-spaces. Editors should now pick up that new codestyle because an
.editorconfig file was added.
KEYS file was changed to be in markdown format.
- The pgp key of
email@example.com was added to the
- Changed the documentation in the files
ReleaseInstructions.md to be in markdown format.
- Changed the
ReleaseInstructions.md to match closer the new reality.
- Changed the mailing lists in the site to reflect the new reality.
- Changed the site to look more like other apache logging service project sites. Tracked by LOG4NET-563.
- The xml documentation of the debug level was fixed.
- The rolling file appender does not work with exclusive file locks on linux and the tests do now reflect that fact.
- A regression in the
ReadOnlyPropertiesDictionary was fixed. It caused
NullReferenceExceptions at runtime. Thanks to Vlad Lee who kindly provided the patch. Tracked by LOG4NET-581.
- A regression in the
AdoNetAppender caused the appender to not work with the postgresql database provider because the provider would not detect database parameter names if they are added after a
Prepare() on a
DbCommand. Tracked by LOG4NET-538.
- Fixed a typo in the website manuals where
log4net.LogicalThreadContext was referenced as
log4net.ThreadLogicalContext. Thanks to Marcel Gosselin who kindly provided the patch.
RollingFileAppender does now honor the
PreserveLogFileNameExtension flag when rolling over files with
StaticLogFileName set to