Added ZeroConf support to most of the network-based appenders and receivers.
To enable ZeroConf advertising of an appender or receiver, a user can now:
- add jmdns jar to their classpath
- set the 'advertiseViaMulticastDNS' param to 'true'
Also added support for discovery of appenders in Chainsaw (Chainsaw will automatically configure a matching receiver when connected).
SocketHubAppender (ZeroConfSocketHubAppender is still functional)
SocketHubReceiver (also receives events from ZeroConfSocketHubAppender)
XMLSocketReceiver (can receive events sent over TCP by other logging frameworks)
- removed Zeroconf4log4j class, jmdns access is now through the ZeroConfSupport class (class provides support of JmDNS and ServiceInfo creation via reflection, and supports both jmdns 1.0 and jmdns 3.1 apis)
- ZeroConfSupport class is now used by ZeroConfSocketHubAppender, Chainsaw and all appenders & receivers that can advertise their configuration via ZeroConf
- added new 'advertiseViaMulticastDNS' param to the appenders and receivers that support ZeroConf
- updated the ZeroConf site documentation
- updated release notes
- updated the ZeroConfPlugin html file
- tested appenders with 1.0 and 3.1 jmdns jars
- updated log4j references in poms to log4j 1.2.16-snapshot where necessary
For those wanting to add ZeroConf support to third-party appenders and have Chainsaw discover the appenders, the service info naming convention is described here: https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=48907
git-svn-id: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/zeroconf/trunk@924176 13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
3 files changed