layout: releasenotes title: Release Notes for Version 2.1.1 date: 2018-08-16 16:00:00 release_notes: true permalink: /releasenotes/2.1.1/
- Release Highlights
- Known Issues
- Test Results
Apache jclouds 2.1.1 is the first bugfix release after jclouds 2.1.0 and comes with several bugfixes and performance improvements. You can read the official announcement here. To get started with jclouds, please see the jclouds installation guide.
New features in Apache jclouds 2.1.1 include:
- Add support for r4, c5 and m5 instance types in AWS ec2.
- Add the new Paris region to aws-ec2
- Support different “domain” values for “identity/user” and “project” in OpenStack Keystone V3
- Improve Azure ARM resource cleanup especially of orphaned networks and orphaned resource groups.
Bugs and patches
- JCLOUDS-1200 - org.jclouds.http.HttpResponseException fails to serialize
- JCLOUDS-1263 - Listing objects in Openstack Swift blob store containers fails if a key has an invalid URL encode sequence
- JCLOUDS-1294 - Azure ARM improve HTTP retry logic
- JCLOUDS-1330 - Azure ARM orphaned networks not cleaned up when node deleted
- JCLOUDS-1331 - Azure ARM orphaned resource groups are not cleaned up due to api caching/timing issue
- JCLOUDS-1362 - Randomly generated node password can be invalid in Azure ARM
- JCLOUDS-1368 - GCS cannot upload multipart file larger than 1 GB
- JCLOUDS-1372 - Add support for R4 instance types in AWS ec2
- JCLOUDS-1373 - Add the new Paris region to aws-ec2
- JCLOUDS-1381 - NullPointerException provisioning VM in GCE: could not find image for disk
- JCLOUDS-1387 - Add support for c5 instance types in AWS ec2
- JCLOUDS-1389 - Multipart upload to Google cloud storage failing with 400 bad request
- JCLOUDS-1391 - Headers must be sorted by lowercase when calculating signature
- JCLOUDS-1392 - When fetching blob metadata with details all folders are removed from response
- JCLOUDS-1400 - GCS's presigned url requires blank Content-Type
- JCLOUDS-1401 - S3 SignatureDoesNotMatch when listing keys using prefix with ampersand
- JCLOUDS-1405 - Dimension Data Live Tests Broken - Domain classes for Server and Image with List nics incorrect
- JCLOUDS-1410 - SoftLayer cannot provision with private image
- JCLOUDS-1422 - LocalBlobStore.list ignores recursive flag when prefix set
- JCLOUDS-1427 - NPE when deserializing Elastic IPs that have tags
- JCLOUDS-1433 - IllegalArgumentException from Strings2.replaceTokens
- JCLOUDS-1436 - Add support for m5 instance types in AWS ec2
The complete list of fixed issues and improvements can be found here.
jclouds would like to thank everyone who contributed time and effort in order to make this release happen:
- Vikas Rangarajan for his contribution to the new instance types supported in the AWS ec2 provider.
- Jesse Glick for the fix for AWS S3 signatures.
- Alix Lourme for the Openstack Keystone V3 domain configuration for projects.
- Daniel Estevez for his contributions to the Azure ARM provider.
- Apache jclouds PMC and community for verifying the release.
- Check out who has been busy on Open Hub.
Please see the discussion and the vote threads for live test results for 2.1.1: