layout: releasenotes title: Release Notes for Version 2.0.1 date: 2017-02-27 12:00:00 release_notes: true permalink: /releasenotes/2.0.1/
- Release Highlights
- Known Issues
- Test Results
Apache jclouds 2.0.1 is the first bugfix release after jclouds 2.0. It comes with several bugfixes and performance improvements, and with the addition of two new compute providers to labs: Packet and Vagrant. You can read the official announcement here. To get started with jclouds, please see the jclouds installation guide.
Apache jclouds 2.0.1 new features include:
- Added the
SecurityGroupExtension and support to configure node inbound ports in Azure ARM.
- Added the load balancer APIs to Azure ARM.
- Added the Packet compute provider in labs. Add the
org.apache.jclouds.labs/packet dependency to check it out!
- Added the Vagrant compute api in labs. Add the
org.apache.jclouds.labs/vagrant dependency to check it out!
Bugs and patches
- JCLOUDS-819 - Allow prepending a custom user agent
- JCLOUDS-1133 - JDK Script support for Ubuntu >= 16.04 Compute tests
- JCLOUDS-1206 - Handling of user_data in digitalocean2 provider is broken
- JCLOUDS-1208 - Implement the TemplateOptions.inboundPorts in ProfitBricks REST
- JCLOUDS-1212 - Replace custom bundles for Okio and OkHttp for the ServiceMix ones
- JCLOUDS-1213 - S3: Region is not respected
- JCLOUDS-1219 - Add support for Packet.net
- JCLOUDS-1220 - Managing the header name in the TempAuth (Identity Protocol v1)
- JCLOUDS-1222 - UserPrincipalNotFound with a french Windows
- JCLOUDS-1224 - Update B2 domain
- JCLOUDS-1231 - Implement the SecurityGroupExtension and the inbound ports feature
- JCLOUDS-1235 - openstack-nova: list-security-groups request is slow, with O(n^2) behaviour
- JCLOUDS-1237 - IpPermission#compareTo is inconsistent with equals
- JCLOUDS-1239 - Gzipped userdata not handled in openstack-nova debug logging
The complete list of fixed issues and improvements can be found here.
- The Azure ARM image extension creates images that cannot be re-deployed. Images are created successfully but the OS provisioning fails with a timeout.
jclouds would like to thank everyone who contributed time and effort in order to make this release happen:
- Svetoslav Neykov for his support on the karaf integration and for having contributed the Vagrant provider.
- Ali Bazlamit for the continued contributions to the ProfitBricks and OneAndOne providers.
- Daniel Estevez for his contributions to the Azure ARM load balancer APIs.
- The Packet team for helping with testing infrastructure.
- Apache jclouds PMC and community for verifying the release.
- Check out who has been busy on Open Hub.
Please see the discussion and the vote threads for live test results for 2.0.1: