Mysos is an Apache Mesos framework for running MySQL instances. It dramatically simplifies the management of a MySQL cluster and is designed to offer:
- Efficient hardware utilization through multi-tenancy (in performance-isolated containers)
- High reliability through preserving the MySQL state during failure and automatic backing up to/restoring from HDFS
- An automated self-service option for bringing up new MySQL clusters
- High availability through automatic MySQL master failover
- An elastic solution that allows users to easily scale up and down a MySQL cluster by changing the number of slave instances
Mysos has been accepted into the Apache Incubator.