This page contains a curated list of awesome MXNet examples, tutorials and blogs. It is inspired by awesome-php and awesome-machine-learning. See also Awesome-MXNet for a similar list.
If you want to contribute to this list and the examples, please open a new pull request.
Example applications or scripts should be submitted in this
If you have a tutorial idea for the website, download the Jupyter notebook tutorial template.
Notebook tutorials should be submitted in the
docs/tutorials folder, so that they maybe rendered in the web site's tutorial section.
Do not forget to udpdate the
docs/tutorials/index.md for your tutorial to show up on the website.
The site expects the format to be markdown, so export your notebook as a .md via the Jupyter web interface menu (File > Download As > Markdown). Then, to enable the download notebook button in the web site's UI (example), add the following as the last line of the file (example):
<!-- INSERT SOURCE DOWNLOAD BUTTONS -->
If you want some lines to show-up in the markdown but not in the generated notebooks, add this comment
<!--notebook-skip-line--> after your
![png](img_url). Like this:
Typically when you have a
plt.imshow() you want the image tag
[png](img.png) in the
.md but not in the downloaded notebook as the user will re-generate the plot at run-time.
As part of making sure all our tutorials are running correctly with the latest version of MXNet, each tutorial is run automatically through a python2 and python3 jupyter notebook kernel in the CI, in a GPU environment, checking for errors and warnings.
Add your own test here
tests/tutorials/test_tutorials.py. (If you forget, don't worry your PR will not pass the sanity check).
If your tutorial depends on specific packages, simply add them to this provisionning script:
List of examples
Languages Binding Examples
Deep Learning Examples in the MXNet Project Repository
Other Deep Learning Examples with MXNet
- Face Recognition with ArcFace - ONNX model for face recognition with notebooks for training, validating and running inference in MXNet by abhinavs95
- Chinese plate recognition - Recognize Chinese vehicle plate, by imistyrain
- Fast R-CNN by Jian Guo
- “End2End Captcha Recognition (OCR)” by xlvector github link Blog in Chinese
- “Prediction step of xlvector's lstm ocr” by melody-rain github link Blog in Chinese
- “Solving classification + regression with MXnet in Multi Input + Multi Obj” by xlvector github link Blog in Chinese
- “Learn to sort by LSTM” by xlvector github link Blog in Chinese
- Neural Art using extremely lightweight (<500K) neural network Lightweight version of mxnet neural art implementation by Pavel Gonchar
- Neural Art with generative networks by zhaw
- Faster R-CNN in MXNet with distributed implementation and data parallelization
- Asynchronous Methods for Deep Reinforcement Learning in MXNet by zmonoid
- Deep Q-learning in MXNet by zmonoid
- Face Detection with End-to-End Integration of a ConvNet and a 3D Model (ECCV16) by tfwu, source code for paper Yunzhu Li, Benyuan Sun, Tianfu Wu and Yizhou Wang, “Face Detection with End-to-End Integration of a ConvNet and a 3D Model”, ECCV 2016 https://arxiv.org/abs/1606.00850
- End-to-End Chinese plate recognition base on MXNet by szad670401
- Reproduce ResNet-v2 (Identity Mappings in Deep Residual Networks) using MXNet by tornadomeet
- Learning similarity among images in MXNet by xlvector in Chinese. Github link
- Matrix decomposition (SVD) with MXNet by xlvector in Chinese. Github link
- MultiGPU enabled image generative models (GAN and DCGAN) by Tianqi Chen
- Deep reinforcement learning for playing flappybird by mxnet by LIHaoran
- Neural Style in Markov Random Field (MRF) and Perceptual Losses Realtime transfer by zhaw
- MTCNN Face keypoints detection and alignment (github) in Chinese by pangyupo
- SSD: Single Shot MultiBox Object Detector by zhreshold
- Fast Neural Style in Scala by Ldpe2G
- LSTM Human Activity Recognition by Ldpe2G
- Visual Question Answering by liuzhi136
- Deformable ConvNets (github) by MSRACVer
- OCR with bi-LSTM and CTC Loss in Gluon by ThomasDelteil
- Visual Search with Gluon and HNSWlib, by ThomasDelteil, online demo here
- MXNet-face - Using MXNet for a face-related algorithm by tornadomeet where the single model gets 97.13%+-0.88% accuracy on LFW, and with only 20MB size
Mobile App Examples
Web Predictive Services
- MXNet Shinny - Source code for quickly creating a Shiny R app to host online image classification.
- Machine Eye - Web service for local image file/image URL classification without uploading.
List of tutorials
GPU Technology Conference 2016 Hands-on session
Deep learning for hackers with MXNet
- Deep learning for hackers with MXNet (1) GPU installation and MNIST English Chinese - a tutorial of installing MXnet with GPU and introduction to deep learning by MNIST example.
- Deep learning for hackers with MXNet (2): Neural art English Chinese - a tutorial of generating Van Gogh style cat paintings.
MXNet on the cloud
Machine Learning Challenge Winning Solutions
Tools with MXnet
- TensorFuse - Common interface for Theano, CGT, TensorFlow, and mxnet (experimental) by dementrock
- MXnet-face - Using mxnet for face-related algorithm by tornadomeet where the single model get 97.13%+-0.88% accuracy on LFW, and with only 20MB size.
- MinPy - Pure numpy practice with third party operator Integration and MXnet as backend for GPU computing
- MXNet Model Server - a flexible and easy to use tool for serving Deep Learning models