Twig is a SASL-compliant Erlang/OTP logger. It installs a gen_event handler in the error_logger event manager, where it consumes standard OTP reports and messages as well as events generated by twig:log/2,3,4. Log messages are written to a syslog server over UDP using the format specified in RFC 5424.
Twig's behavior is controlled using the application environment:
- host (undefined): the hostname of the syslog server
- port (514): the port of the syslog server
- facility (local2): syslog facility to be used
- level (info): logging threshold. Messages “above” this threshold (in syslog parlance) will be discarded. Acceptable values are debug, info, notice, warn, err, crit, alert, and emerg.
- appid (“twig”): inserted as the APPID in the syslog message
- max_term_size (8192): raw data size below which we format normally
- max_message_size (16000): approx. max size of truncated string