DataTorrent RTS Release Notes
- Add jersey client jar for app execution
- Must catch NoClassDefFoundError when processing operator classes in jar, previously catching Throwable was changed to catching Exception
- Depend on published netlet version
- Catch throwable when executing command because launching an app can throw java.lang.VerifyError: bad type on operand stack
- Deploy all artifacts by default.
- HA support for stram webservice filter.
- Removed dependencies in filter to hadoop classes with private audience as their interface has changed from Hadoop 2.2 to 2.6
- Use tokens from Credentials as UserGroupInformation.getTokens() returns HDFS Namenode hidden tokens that should not be passed to containers.
- Support for RM delegation token renewal in secure HA environments
- Token authentication support for buffer server
- Adding default aggregator for primitive customMetrics
- Ability to extract javadocs as xml
- Switch to Java7 and update compiler plugin.
- Separated out HA token creation from non-HA case as it involves special handling that is subject to change if Hadoop's internals change.
- Changed the license header to Apache 2.0 license.
Core platform enhancements
- Role based access control for secure installations
- LDAP authentication support
- Better control over application instances with new operator tuning options
- Numerous bug fixes
- Install and launch applications with Application Packages
- Installer enhancements to support various Hadoop distributions
- Angular JS based new management console
- Improvements to log file viewing and tuple recording features
Hadoop Distributed Hash Table (HDHT)
- HDFS based distributed hash table
- Optimized for fast access to high volume of small size and potentially unstructured streaming data
- Does not require any additional software installation or configuration
Malhar operator enhancements
- New operators for Elastic Search, Solr, and Kinesis
- Various fixes for fault tolerance, partitioning, and idempotency for existing operators
- Demo application import and launch inside Console with Application Packages
- Hadoop services validation and status notification prior to application launch
- Documentation improvements