Log Search is a sub-project of Apache Ambari
Log aggregation, analysis, and visualization for Ambari managed (or any other) services.
- Parse / aggregate and ship logs
- Send and index logs in Solr
- Store logs (structured or unstructured format) in Cloud Storage (S3 / GCS / ADLS / WASB)
- Full-text Search in logs (if the logs are shipped to Solr)
- JWT/SSO support
- Support testing the log parsing on the UI
- Log Feeder: agent component on all hosts to monitor and ship logs.
- Log Search Portal: REST API + UI for rendering logs
- Solr (Optional - default): storage for logs, used by both Log Search Portal and Log Feeder
- ZooKeeper (Optional - default): configuration service for Solr, Log Search and Log Feeder
- HDFS / S3 / GCS / ADLS: storage for logs (write only), used by Log Feeder cloud mode
(That is the ambari contribution guide, everything is the same here except use ambari-logsearch repository instead of ambari)