Apache Airavata User Profiles
What Are Airavata User Roles?
- Prior to using Airavata, lets identify and understand the user roles available and their features.
- Knowing the roles and the features of each, will assist on shaping your gateway user hierarchy.
- There are 4 active user roles in Airavata with different set of features at each level.
Features of each User Role
- Set up gateway preferences for Compute Resources and Storage Resources
- Generate SSH keys and their tokens using Credential Store in Admin Dashboard.
- Add the generated SSH token to Gateway Preferences.
- Add the generated SSH keys to authorized_key files in each resource.
- Can Cancel, clone experiments of a gateway user through Admin dashboard behalf of the user.
- Create Applications and their deployments in to the gateway.
NOTE: If user hosts his own gateway; ‘Gateway Admin’ role will have access to create compute resources and storage resources as well.
- Can view everything in Admin Dashboard but cannot Add, Edit or Delete any records from dashboard.
- Can monitor experiments through Experiments Statistics in Admin dashboard.
- Behalf of a gateway user can edit, cancel or clone an experiment.
- Create, launch their own experiments in using available applications and compute resources.
- Monitor progress of experiment execution.
- Download outputs experiment outputs from experiment summary or from ARCHIVE directory in Storage (ARCHIVE folder exists only if the application files are ‘Archive’ enabled)
- Group experiments by creating Projects.
- Request new features, applications and report bug, issue using ‘Contact Us’ in gateway.
- Password reset.
- This is the initial role assigned to users when account is created.
- Until gateway admin provide relevant access to the gateway (by assigning an active gateway role) user has cannot really use the gateway.
How User Roles Work?
- Users can have one or many user roles assigned to them.
- Gateway admin has the authority to change user roles of the gateway users.
- Every time a role changes user will be notified through email about the privilege change.