- In order to update Airavata with latest master code; go to the folder (Created in installation; LocalAiravata) initially created to clone Airavata.
- Within your local folder navigate to folder ‘airavata’ and execute git pull Hint: If you are in the wrong folder you would probably get message ‘fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git’
- Now build the code
Hint: To avoid the ‘tests on install’ run mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true 4. Once the build is success, stop the running Airavata server. You can either stop the java server using
Navigate to bin folder where airavata server exists (LocalAiravata/apache-airavata-server-0.15-SNAPSHOT/bin). and stop the server
- For references, back up the currently existing release
- Copy the new release to your local folder (LocalAiravata)
- Un-tar the copied new release
- Navigate to the new bin folder and back up airavata-server.properties and gfac-config.yaml files.
- Copy your previously used airavata-server.properties from the backed up release to bin folder (This is the easiest way to get the properties file updated. If you prefer, you can change the new file manually. ☺)
- Copy your previously used gfac-config.yaml from the backed up release
- Now compare with the new airavata-server.properties and gfac-config.yaml and make necessary changes in the copied files. Try diff airavata-server.properties airavata-server.properties-bk
- Check the path correctness of credential store keystore in airavata-server.properties file.
- Go to lib folder and copy mySQL jar (mysql-connector-java-5.1.38-bin.jar) from old backed up lib to the new lib
- Now restart airavata server in bin folder
- Airavata ready for job submissions!
- For PGA updating steps try PGA Update