An App that can run Cordova apps within it.
- Super-fast edit & refresh workflow
- E.g. have a
grunt watch that pushes every time a file changes
- E.g. have
livereload-type functionality for CSS & images
- Test on devices without needing platform SDKs
- E.g. develop for iOS on a Windows machine
- Non-goal: Release to iOS from Windows
How to use it:
- Run the app on a device or simulator
- Push your app to it via the harness-push tool
- Use two-finger double-tap to bring up in-app menu.
Building the App Harness
Using a Unix environment, run:
cordova plugin add PLUGINS_THAT_YOU_WANT
Major Unimplemented Features
- Applying app settings (DisallowOverscroll, etc)
- Applying app splashscreen
- Applying app's whitelist
Major Unimplemented In-App Menu Features
- Inject a JSConsole script tag
- Initiate a weinre session
- Suggestions welcome! :)
A server runs within the app that enables remote control functionality.
Use harness-push/harness-push.js to send commands to the App Harness.